Thursday, December 20, 2007

My annoying husband.....and My favorite things

Okay, so the title might sound harsh but, I awoke early this morning to my husband chanting loudly "Reeebels....Reeebels....Reeebels". Apparently he was looking forward to the evenings big UNLV basketball game.



I will be the first to admit that I am grumpy when I wake up. Mornings, naps, anytime I wake up I am grumpy. (It's a Rowe thing). The thing is, I didn't even have to wake up as early this morning because my kids are all ready out for Christmas vacation. I was selfishly looking forward to an extra half hour of shut-eye. This kind of thing is not uncommon for Jeff. He is such a morning person and I am the complete opposite. He has woken me up at like 5am before just to talk. Some may think this is sweet but, I am sorry, I have a hard time even thinking that early. So, Jeff is chanting his "Runnin Rebels" chant so loudly that it wakes all 4 kids up. They all begin to pile into our bed. Jeff decides it's a good time to talk to our kids about their different birth stories. I am still trying to ignore and maybe get a minute more of sleep. So, he purposely asks questions like, "What pregnancy would you say was your hardest pregnancy?", "Which was the most painful pregnancy?", "What child was easiest to give birth to?". I mean, who asks these kind of questions first thing in the morning? Jeff is well meaning. Just like a child who has more energy than they know what to do with.

...On to my favorite things. I was tagged to post "My favorite things" from my friend Linds. Here goes.

1. My 5 kids (4 not including Jeff)
2. Email
3. Saturdays, as long as I don't have a chocolate fountain
4. The Readers Digest
5. Ice Cream
6. Clearance sections
7. Craigslist
8. Snow days
9. Hanging out with family and friends
10. The smell of Fall
11. Shoes
12. The Plaza lights

13. The service that I constantly see people give
14. Laughter - yes, this is a good thing being married to Jeff
15. KU Basketball
16. 24
17. Fox News
18. Out in the Barn and The Cottage Door - fabulous, unique home decor
19. Games, I love to play games and watch game shows
20. Christmas- This is the best time of year!

What are some of your favorite things?

----Becky

2 comments:

Bennett Family said...

hello rowe relatives! ben (my husband) is larry's son and we just got a Xmas letter from Chad & Kathy. nice to know we have some fellow bloggers in the family! drop by our site and leave us a mssg. when you get a chance!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unknown said...

I also love the good old clearance section...can't beat it when shopping