Sunday, December 9, 2007

Do you like it thick or thin?

We're going to try something new in our blog. Both Bubba and I are going to post together. This could be dangerous. We're going to give you a taste of one of our animated conversations right here in our blog. It's not a disagreement or argument. It's more like a debate, and you guys get to be the audience. We thought it would be fun to do something different. We'll see how it goes. Let us know what you think by posting a comment below our entry.

Jeff: Let me begin by giving you a. . .What? We're already having a difference of opinions. I think when I write, it should go Jeff then semicolon. Bubba thinks it should be Jeff then dash. I don't know, and I don't care. You do it your way, and I'll do it my way.

Bubba: Okay, I agree. When I looked over I thought you had put a period. I don't have my glasses on.

Jeff: Speaking of glasses. . .they look real nice with your new hair style. Okay, let's get back to our original topic. Here we go. Hopefully you've all read my previous post, "Playing Mr. Mom and Remembering mine." If not, this is all you need to know. I worked from home the other day and watched the kids while Bubba was out. I must brag about myself for a second. I not only got all my REAL work done but cleaned the house, vacuumed, did the dishes and ordered pizza for dinner. I thought Bubba would be so proud of me. I was actually excited for her to come home. I thought she would be surprised and happy.

Side note. . .Let me explain something about my wife. I could probably do 50 things right, but if that 51st thing is wrong, forget about the first 50 because I'm getting it. End of Side note. . .

So Bubba picks up the pizza on her way home, comes inside, places the pizza on the table and opens the boxes. I thought for sure I was going to see a sweet smile on her face, but oh no. Forget about the clean house, dishes and dinner. This is what happens. I kid you not. Bubba stomps her foot and whines, "You got thin crust on both pizzas!!!" Well, I love you too. Can you believe that? I was crushed.

Becky: Yes, I did stomp my foot, but let me give you my side of the story. After working a crazy, long , hectic day doing 3 chocolate fountains I was starving. I talked to Jeff and he suggested pizza which sounded great! I was craving a pizza place called Godfathers which has awesome pizza. Their pizza crust is particularly good. It's a bit more expensive but, I haven't had it in about a year so I decided it would be worth it. So, I pick the pizza up and can smell it the entire drive home. I was starving! I walk in to an amazingly clean home and said, "Wow, the house looks really nice". I sat the pizza down and opened the lid (because the box felt rather light), I was so annoyed when I saw both pizzas had thin crust. At that moment, I remembered that Jeff had called me right in the middle of my busy chocolate fountain event to tell me something important. He informed me that thin crust pizza had 9 carbs less per slice than regular crust pizza. If you didn't know.....Jeff has weight and eating issues. Even though he looks good he is always paranoid about his carbs. So, I guess he took it upon himself to do our whole family a favor by ordering low carb pizza. I think that also explains why we all ate twice as many slices as we normally do. So, the benefit of thin crust??? I don't get it!

Jeff: See, it worked. Our kids actually ate their dinner. Chalk up another one to me. Now, you claimed to have said , "Wow, the house looks really nice." Did you say that out loud, or were you thinking that? Is this another instance where a husband is supposed to read his wife's mind. I haven't quite mastered that yet. Regarding the pizza, I did a little research online and was trying to help our family eat more healthful. We don't need all those unnecessary carbs. I'm worried about our bodies. As the old saying goes. . .the more crust, the bigger the bust.

Becky: By the way, Jeff was on the phone when I complimented my family on the house. I also learned that it was my sweet Lexi and wonderful mom who cleaned the kitchen for me. However, Jeff also did a lot of the other cleaning. I just wanted to give credit where it's due.

Jeff: I'm sorry, what was that? I was drinking my Crystal Light. Sing it with me, "I believe in Crystal Light because I believe in me!" I loved those 80's Crystal Light commercials with Raquel Welch. Anyways. . . so let us know how you like your pizza, thick or thin. Vote in our poll to the right, and send us your comment. Reese, was that you? Smells like Cooper.

1 comment:

Linds said...

Oh you two kill me! I was laughing so hard when I read this because I can totally picture both of you saying it. Beck, you never told me about the low carb part of the conversation...hilarious. I didn't know the order was on purpose I thought the company messed up. That really is the worst though when you are craving something and then it is not what you wanted (you know I'm weird about expectations and food...).