Thursday, December 6, 2007

Playing Mr. Mom and Remembering Mine

Today is my big day to shine. I'm home alone with the kids. I'm in charge. I feel all grown up. Actually, I'm working from home today and Bubba is not here. I think she's testing me after my two previous posts. I promise I'll have pizza ordered and ready to go by 4:45 when she gets home. Okay, I promised not to make any more comments about our dinners, but I just couldn't resist. When I'm home alone with the kids, we eat the very finest. I know how to organize two meals --corn dogs and pizza. For lunch, I'm microwaving corn dogs, and for dinner, we'll probably order pizza. Hey, it's healthy. I grew up on frozen corn dogs, cold cereal and pizza. And look at me, I turned out okay.

I love my mom. She's a sweet spirit. She does a lot of things well. One them is not cooking. I compare my mother's meals to the meals made by the mom in "Better off Dead." I love that movie. . . probably the best comedy from the 80's. Remember the green glob with raisins that crawls off Lane's plate. That was great. They don't make movies like that anymore. My mom's cooking is very similar. I remember having a friend over for lunch one Sunday afternoon. I didn't have a lot friends growing up, so this was a big moment for me. I guess my mom had been inspired at church that day because she decided to experiment with lunch. Bad idea. She made spaghetti, which would have been fine if she would have just left it at that. But, she decided to get creative and add little hot dogs to the spaghetti. It was embarrassing. My mom has issues with spaghetti. I don't think she's quite got over the first spaghetti meal she made for my dad. I wasn't alive then, but my dad says it gave him a case of diarrhea. We'll stop right there.

It's snowing in Kansas!!! I love it. . .for about 2 hours. I grew up in Las Vegas. I could live without snow, ice and wind. The kids seem to enjoy it, so that's good because it keeps them busy. Max and his buddy James are outside playing in the snow. Max and James. . . two of the most interesting boys I know. Just take a look at this picture from a basketball game we went to a couple of weeks ago. Should I be worried?


Well, need to run. Ashlyn is begging for lunch. Stop crying Ashlyn! Lunch is coming! Now I know how Bubba feels when I get home from work. Ashlyn, was that you? Smells like Cooper.

No comments: