Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's just hair!

So, I got my hair cut. I was ready for a change. After losing handfuls of hair due to post hormonal pregnancy, I finally decided to do it. I took Ashlyn along with me because we're still trying to even out her hair after the hair cut she gave herself almost a year ago. I was a little uncertain about my hair when I left the salon because of some of the comments Ashlyn was making. "Mom, you look like a boy......you look like daddy." Well, isn't that great! Every wife wants to be told they look like their husband. Of course, Amy who cuts my hair, loved it. Rachel Kingston, who watched Reese, liked it. So, it was on to home to see what the rest of the clan thought. When I picked up Lexi and Max from school, Lexi helped me gain some confidence by telling me she liked my hair. Max didn't say anything, so I took that as a positive vote. At home, during after-school snacks, Reese was fussing and I was trying to calm her down. My sweet little Ashlyn chimes in, "I think she's crying because she doesn't like your hair". Leave it to Ashlyn to give baby Reese's vote. So, I am at 2-2. Jeff is the tie-breaker. I anxiously waited for him to get home to see what he thought. Now, let me first tell you that Jeff does not like short hair. I was hoping that I could change his mind. He walks in shortly after we've finished our after-school snacks. "You cut it short!" (Strike 1). "Why didn't you tell me you were going to cut it short, I would have tried to talk you out of it". (Strike 2). "You know how you felt when Ashlyn cut her hair short? That's how I feel right now." (Strike 3). So, I guess I lost the game this time 3-2. It's only hair, it will grow back. But, I think I like it.......I may try to win this game one more time.----Becky

What's your vote? Check out the pictures to the right. Girls pic is before. Family pic is after. Take the poll.

4 comments:

aed said...

Becky it's so cute! I really like it. Very stylish.

Linds said...

Love it short! You're a babe either way though.

rmac said...

Just a thought... Perhaps (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) if you spent less time worrying about your hair, and a bit more time in the kitchen, Jeff would have his dinner ready on time. Thus, producing a harmonious household. Everyone wins!

Rachel said...

Becky, when I heard short I was thinking like totally chopped off short - but from the picture it doesn't look that short to me - and yes I think it looks cute. You can style short hair so cute! I wish I could pull it off, but it really looks bad on me - and my husband would also have a cow as yours has. So good luck getting your husband to accept it! I think you will succeed.