Monday, December 3, 2007

Setting the record straight. . .

In my blog tonight, I would like to respond to a couple of entries my sweet Bubba posted. Let's begin with the dinner debate. . .When should it be done? For some background on this subject, please read my post, "Man, I'm in trouble." This has been an interesting topic around MY. . . err, sorry Bubba, OUR house and work the past couple days. Let me answer this question with an example.

Tonight Bubba is tending a chocolate fountain for a party. For those of you who do not know, Bubba runs a small chocolate fountain business, Chocolate Occasion. We have the best chocolate in town. Try it. Make your special occasion a chocolate one. . .Chocolate Occasion. Sorry, shameless promotion.

Okay, back to my original story. So, my loving mother in-law has been watching the kids for a couple of hours while Bubba has been tending the fountain, and I arrive home from work at my normal time to pick up our children. And guess what? That's right. . . Dinner is ready! My mother in-law has made homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls. Wow, what a woman!!! These older ladies know how to treat their men. No wonder my father in-law is always happy. My guess is he will live a much longer life than me. See why I liked living with the in-laws. Enough said or typed on that topic. I think I've made my point.

My second and last point has to do with Bubba's short hair. Yes, I was shocked when I came home from work to find Bubba's beautiful hair missing. The only other time I have been that shocked was when Magic Johnson announced he was HIV positive. I held my composure much better this time. After hearing the tragic news about Magic, I threw a brick at my backboard. No, I wasn't shooting hoops. I actually took a stone brick and tossed it towards the basket. Luckily, I missed. Over the past couple of days, I have grown to like Bubba's short hair. Maybe it was the way the stylist had styled her hair. Seriously, sometimes these barbers and stylists do the goofiest things with our hair. I guess they figure they'll experiment on our hair first, so if it looks really bad they won't try it on their own hair.

Let me just make this final comment on short hair and long hair. Some women look very nice with short hair. For example, look at Hillary Clinton. She looks like the man she's always wanted to be. Okay seriously. . .Halle Berry, Jenny McCarthy, Mandy Moore, Keira Knightley and now my sweet Bubba all look very attractive with short hair. Now let's reverse the roles. Some men don't look good with long hair. Bubba tells me when my hair gets too long, I look chubby.

I promise this is our final post on dinner and hair. This post was heavily edited by Bubba. If you would like a copy of my original entry, feel free to post a comment or email me. Max, was that you? Smells like Cooper.

4 comments:

rmac said...

I was deeply grieved to learn that 'Beck' had edited Jeff's blog prior to posting. If I'm not mistaken, free speech is one of the pillars of American culture. Jeff, I implore you on behalf of all Americans, post the original.

rmac said...

I was deeply grieved to learn that 'Beck' had edited Jeff's blog prior to posting. If I'm not mistaken, free speech is one of the pillars of American culture. Jeff, I implore you on behalf of all Americans, post the original.

rmac said...

I was deeply grieved to learn that 'Beck' had edited Jeff's blog prior to posting. If I'm not mistaken, free speech is one of the pillars of American culture. Jeff, I implore you on behalf of all Americans, post the original.

Stacy Feather said...

Hey Becky, Wow this is a crazy place. I like your hair and it is fun to keep up with you now.
Stacy Feather