Thursday, December 13, 2007

***Updated***Christmas at the Coopers!

Update to our blog. I've added a video clip of the kid's bloopers from our Christmas at the Coopers video shoot. I've posted it beneath the original video. I've also started Coop's Sports Scoop. It's a blog dedicated solely to sports! Read it and you'll find out why I started Coop's Sports Scoop. I hate the Spurs.
================================================================
Well, I'm sorry it has taken so long to write again. It's actually Bubba's turn, but she's been busy. I have her on a tighter leash. A lot of our time the past couple of days has been spent indoors. We had an ice storm on Tuesday, and like always, it was way overblown by the weather geeks...err...meteorologists. How do they keep their jobs? How many of us would still be employed if we made as many mistakes as those goof balls? So school was canceled, and I worked from home on Tuesday. We had a lot of fun. We made a video for my show. For those of you who do not know, I host a weekly training video called To the Point (2TP) for Sprint Customer Care Centers. It's not your typical training video. It's more like a cheesy Saturday Night Live or talk show. Each week my production staff and I try to create a short, catchy, cheesy video to open up the show. It can be a lot of fun. My producer had the idea that a quick video clip of Christmas at the Coopers could be somewhat entertaining. So the kids and I did it. Remember, it's cheesy, and Bubba did not want to be in the video because her hair was not done. I thought the main reason she whacked her hair was so it would be easier to do. I still don't get it. Anyways, on with the show!





See, pretty cheesy huh? Max wins an Oscar for over actor of the year. And yes, I get paid to do that. No one ever said you couldn't have fun at work. Don't blame me for your career choice. And besides, I'm sure you all make a lot more money than me.

A couple of things before I close. As I was driving to work this morning listening to the radio, I heard this dreadful remake of We Three Kings by a group called Eclipse out of Utah. It was just horrible. I mean, they had someone Beatboxing to it. I'm sure as the Wisemen were journeying to visit the Baby Jesus they were Beatboxing all the way. Leave Christmas songs alone. Is there some sort of requirement in the music industry that you have to make a Christmas album? Seriously, who wants to listen to Garth Brooks sing Silver Bells, or White Christmas, or heaven forbid, O Little Town of Bethlehem? I'm sure he found some way to insert alcohol, trucks and his dog into the songs. I think the only thing worse than listening to Garth sing Christmas songs would be Britney Spears singing them. Could you imagine Britney singing Joy to the World? That would be just magical listening to the Queen of love and joy spreading Christmas cheer! You know I actually have an album. If you want one for Christmas, just let me know. Here's a sample:



And finally, let's finish with a couple of sports notes. Ron Mexico finally received his sentence for mistreatment of dogs. Lawyer friends, is that the legal term for what he did? Please correct me if I'm wrong. It appears that for the next couple of years Mr. Vick won't be passing the football...or herpes for that matter. I really have a problem with what Mike did. I mean, why in the world would he torture dogs when he could have used cats? Rid the world of cats. There are two things my father in-law and I have in common. One, our love for Rowe (Bubba's maiden name) women, and two, our hatred for cats. I would love to share more about this, but I'll need to save the cat stories for another blog. This entry is already too long.

And, I can't wait to hear George Mitchell's report on baseball's drug culture. He's supposedly going to name Major League Baseball players who have used steroids. At this point, wouldn't it be easier to name players who haven't used steroids? Jeff, was that you? Smells like Cooper.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Loved "Christmas at the Coopers" - a cinematic accomplishment!

Linds said...

Seriously...did you have to go there with Garth? I thought we were better friends than that. Loved the video, favorite part was Reese spitting up. By the way, you won the husband of the day award Wednesday for cleaning the fountain...impressive. Need to tell Matty about that one.

Topher said...

Funny stuff, Cooper. I have to say, though, that I was disappointed when the Cooper CD infomercial didn't have a "but wait!..." teaser. Like "But wait, if you order now, you will also get the 'y: sometimes a vowel' single at no extra cost" offer.

In case you were wondering, no, I haven't been lurking on your blog. We just found it today and I wasn't shy about commenting.