Thursday, November 29, 2007

Man, I'm in trouble!!!

I want to apologize for not writing yesterday. Something came up. Okay, actually...I got in trouble. It seems like I'm always in the doghouse. I mean, I was ready to post. I had a list of topics I wanted to cover. I was ready to write about Christmas songs and the current state of basketball. However, I lost the desire after my somewhat animated conversation with Bubba. Before I tell you the story, I'm pleading innocent, and I want you to know I'm the victim here. This is how it all went down. I came home from work hungrier than a newborn baby. I was ready to eat. So, I asked Bubba if dinner was done. I knew it wasn't. I saw that the timer had 26 minutes left. I thought the comment was harmless, right? I was just teasing. Bubba didn't see it that way. She was hot...much hotter than our meal. I mean, I might have made another comment that went something like this, "Well, it would have been nice if dinner would have been done when I got home." I'll never admit to being the smartest man. You could probably compare me to the Crocodile Hunter. I'm not afraid to play with dangerous animals. I would say Bubba is like a KOALA bear...cute and cuddly on the outside, but ready to attack at any moment. Maybe I should stop right here and let you imagine how the rest of our conversation went last night. It was an entertaining night at the Coopers. I love Bubba! Okay, I'm sick. I just ate a large frosty. I promise my next entry will be better. I'll have plenty of takes. Alexis, was that you? Smells like cooper.

1 comment:

rmac said...

I was so inspired by Jeff's ordeal, that I thought I'd try the same approach with my bride of 17 years. Her reply was "of course dear." Clearly, the approach isn't the issue.