Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby Steps.............

I thought if I waited long enough Jeff might just surprise me and post something. I thought maybe for our 11th anniversary (Feb 13) or just maybe for my birthday (March 2) or possibly Alexis's birthday (March 21), Ashlyn's birthday (April 12) or Reese's birthday (May 27). NOPE. The idea of posting for me started to get overwhelming when I thought of how long it has been and how much I need to post to catch up. It is always downloading the pics and getting them on that is hard for me. I thought I would just start with a funny story, no pictures (though I wish I would have taken one of this) and easy to post.

A couple of days ago Ashlyn asked me to come in her room and help her pick something out to wear. This is not unusual for her. She will typically have 2 or 3 outfits laid out (always with one in mind that she really wants to wear). It's almost like a test to see if I can guess right most of the times. So, recently when she did this she had 4 outfits but each had an accessory. One had a bracelet, another had a hair thing, the third a necklace and the last had.........Dracula teeth. She had picked the Dracula teeth to go with a soccer jersey (something she thought I wouldn't want her to wear). How could I resist picking that one? The thought of her wearing the teeth around as an accessory made me laugh. When I told her that was my choice she cringed and said, "no, that's not a choice anymore" and put it away. It doesn't sound very funny now but, it is such an Ashlyn thing to do. I figured if I was going to use this as my journal I need to be better at posting the cute stories about my kids.

More to be posted soon......................

3 comments:

rogersinkc said...

that is a hoot.

JONES GANG!!! said...

This story made me laugh really hard, i hope that this baby of ours will be a girl cuz i want to experiance a story like that. your kids are so cute. i love it when you guys post keep it up.

annieandjustin said...

I used to think a blog would be a good way to keep a journal. Then I realized that if I thought of it as a journal I never wanted to post. So, now we just think of it as a blog. -Justin